- Andes in South America, form the Second Highest Mountain System in the World next to the Himalayas(in Asia). They are Young Fold Mountains. Mt. Aconcagua is the Highest Peak (7,021 m) of The Andes.
- The Angel Falls of South America ,is the Highest Waterfall in the World.
- It also has the world’s largest river –Amazon (by volume of water).The name Amazon comes from Native American name for the river ‘Amazunu’ meaning ‘big wave’.In length ,it is the second longest river in the world (6440 km)
- South America is also the home of anaconda,one of the world’s largest snakes.
- Mt. Chimborazo and Mt.Cotopaxi,the world’s highest volcanoes are found in South America.
- Also the world’s highest lake ,Lake Titicaca is located in South America.It is at the height of 3800 meters.It is the largest lake in South America
- Major languages spoken in South America are Spanish and Portuguese.
- It also has the largest salt lake of the world: Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni salt flats).
- Brazil, a country in South America, is the largest producer of coffee in the world.
- Soccer is the dominant game in this continent.